This Basis of Faith forms the heart of who we are.
The doctrinal basis of THE YW shall be the fundamental truths of Christianity, as revealed in the Holy Scripture including:
1. The unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
2. The sovereignty of the Godhead in creation, revelation, redemption, and final judgment.
3. The divine inspiration, infallibility and inerrancy of the Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5. Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
6. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
7. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
8. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith in Christ alone.
9. The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
10. The one holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
11. The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The aims and objectives of THE YW, being inter-denominational, seek to draw young women into the Kingdom of God by faith in, and a relationship with, the Lord Jesus Christ.